Saturday, October 25, 2008

RSS?

I'm game, I'm willing, I try to see the benefit of RSS feeds....but I just don't see how this is something I am going to use. I have better things to do with my time - but then that's the point I suppose. I like to keep up on the weather for travel and sporting events, home improvement ideas, crafts, cooking, etc and have it all in one place so I don't have to waste time surfing. Speaking of sporting events, I was happy to find RSS feeds for NASCAR. Right now I am getting news posted to me about the latest news in NASCAR Sprint Cup series and about my favorite driver. Anyway, I'll keep playing with it and, as I already stated, I'm game to find out how this all will help me. Who knows? This could turn out to be a pretty cool thing!

1 comment:

Terzah said...

Hi!
Yeah, I was pretty skeptical about RSS when I first learned about it. Now I use it all the time, mostly for personal stuff, but also for the odd library-related thing. There are some good blogs out there to help keep on top of non-fiction buying stuff etc. Glad you found the NASCAR feed--doesn't surprise me that they're on to it. I checked off this lesson for you.
TB